Adjustment of Status (Green Card or Permanent Residence)

We know that immigration law can be a daunting experience for you, as there are many paths you can take.  

But we are here to help you make the right choices based on the facts of your case, your history and, perhaps most importantly, based on where you really want to go.  


There are various ways in which a person can become a permanent resident. An individual with permanent residence will obtain authorization to live and work in the U.S. permanently. Most individuals are sponsored by a family member or employer in the United States, but other individuals may become permanent residents through refugee or asylee status or other humanitarian programs.

The following are some of the categories that allow applications for adjustment of status and the issuance of a green card:

  • Asylee
  • Battered Spouses and Children
  • Same sex spouses
  • Cuban nationals under the Cuban Adjustment Act
  • EB-1 Multinational Executive
  • EB-1 Extraordinary Ability
  • Investors and entrepreneurs making investments in the U.S. that create new jobs
  • K-1 (Fiancee Visa) - Fiancees of U.S. citizens living abroad may come to reside and work with his or her future spouse
  • K-3 Spouse of a U.S. Citizen
  • Labor Certification (PERM)
  • Marriage to a United States Citizen or Lawful Permanent Resident
  • Religious Workers
  • Widower of a U.S. Citizen